innovative team at Grundfos is bringing the training to you in 2016! Join the Grundfos team
for an extensive year of webinars in plumbing technology and get the
information you need straight from the industry experts. Topics ranging from
how to choose the right pump application to covering the basic steps to
selecting the right pressure boosting system are scheduled so register for
these events for FREE now.
If you are
unable to attend any of the events LIVE, you can register to view anytime on
To Trim or Not To Trim? That is the Question!
Using Variable Speed Drives to Find Out if the Impeller Needs Trimming; provided by BNP Media; sponsored by Grundfos Pumps Corp.
Date: June 7, 2016
Time: 2:00 p.m. ET
There are lots of courses available on how to size a centrifugal pump. In the past the only solution in many cases was to trim the impeller to make it work properly or to close a valve to get the right flow. Now with the use of Variable Speed Drives we have found new ways of doing things. Do I still need to trim the impeller? This course will answer that question.
Participants will learn and/or understand:
- Reading and Interpreting the pump curve – Explain what the information means
- Understanding the effect of trimming an impeller on the pump performance curve
- Evaluating and using the pump efficiency curves to make pump decisions
- Understanding the effect of trimming the impeller has on pump efficiency and power usage
- Evaluating the use of variable speed motors on pump curves and pump efficiency
Senior Technical Training Specialist
Grundfos Pumps Corp.
Can't attend live? Register to view the webinar on-demand!