Municipality Location and General Contact Information

550 E 6th St
Beaumont CA 92223
Building Department information for City of Beaumont, CA

Available Blueprints and Building Plans from America’s Building Records.
Use the map below to find and request drawings.

Want to make your building plans available here? Join ABR.

City of Beaumont, CA - Building Department Information

The following Building Department information is available for City of Beaumont, CA

Building and Related Codes and Amendments

Click here to view available building plans and blueprints for City of Beaumont, CA on America's Building Records.

The Building and Safety Department is dedicated to providing the highest level of inspection services and plan review, while providing personable service in the spirit of cooperation with the building community. Fairness, equality, and the highest standard of professional ethics are goals in providing our services, while enforcing state construction laws and local ordinances that protect our citizens.

The Building and Safety Department has a large number of documents available through our website. Please visit the Building and Safety Document Center to access these documents.

Beaumont Specifications

  • 2016 California Building Code (CBC)
  • Wind Speeds:
    • Commercial:
      • Risk Category I - 120 miles per hour
      • Risk Category II - 127 miles per hour
      • Risk Category III & IV - 135 Miles per hour
    • California Residential Code - 100 miles per hour
  • Exposure: C
  • Seismic Zone: D
  • Live Load: Equal to 20 pounds
  • Snow Load: Equal to 5 pounds
  • Climate Zone: 10

For information on the updated energy codes, please visit

Contractor CRM Software
Learn more about iDeal Contractor CRM

Permit Information and Forms

The information below is taken from the City of Beaumont, CA website

Permit Applications

Frequently Asked Questions

When are building permits required?
A building permit is required when there is a proposal to build a new structure, a wall, remodel, enlarge, alter, or modify the interior or exterior of a structure; including the change out of lighting fixtures.
How tall can I build my fence or wall at my home?
A fence or wall at the front or side property line of your home can be maximum height of 3 1/2 feet(42 inches). At the rear of the property, fences and walls can have a maximum height of 6 feet.
When are electrical, plumbing, or mechanical permits required?
Permits are required for any electrical, plumbing, or mechanical improvements. New installations, alterations, modifications, replacements or change outs also require permits.
Do accessory buildings require a building permit? What are the setbacks?
Yes. Any one-story detached structure with 120 square feet of projected roof area or larger requires a building permit. A site plan and building plan are required, providing details to explain the proposed work. ALL accessory buildings have setbacks. Contact the Planning Department for your setback information (951) 769-8518.
Does a lattice or solid patio require a permit and what is the cost?
Yes. All patios and decks require a building permit. Please fill out our handout that we have in the office, on this website under 'document center' or if it is an ICBO (alumawood)patio, please bring in two copies of the calculations and three plot plans.
Do I need a permit for a gas line? How deep do I need to put it?
Yes, a building permit is required. Gas lines must be 18” below finished grade.
Do I need a permit for a portable spa?
Although the spa itself doesn't need a permit, the electrical line does.
Does a concrete or asphalt driveway require a building permit?
No. Flatwork, which does not have footings, does not require a permit. Keep in mind your water flow lines; properties drain from the back to the front. Water should not intrude on neighboring properties.
Do I need a permit to re-roof (replace roofing material) my house and what is the fee?
Yes, you do need a permit to replace your roof. The cost is based on the valuation of the project.
I am getting ready to dig a hole in my yard, but I don't know if there are any utilities buried underground. Is there someone I can call to help me locate them?
Before you start digging, contact DIGALERT to help you locate buried utilities. Their phone number is 1-800-422-4133. DIGALERT
Do I need a permit for a fence or block wall? Where can I put it on my property?
Before beginning work, contact the Planning Department for proper placement on the property 951.769.8518. Permits are required for any block wall, retaining wall, or pilasters over three feet in height.
Does a permit expire?
Yes, building permits expire 180 days from the date of last inspection.
How many plans are required to be submitted into plan check?
a. For Residential Plan Check we require: three sets of architectural plans, two sets of structural calculations and two sets of Title 24 Energy Calculations.
b. For Commercial Plan Check we require: four sets of architectural plans, three sets of structural calculations and three sets of Title 24 Energy Calculations.
How long does the plan check process take?
All plan checks have a 10 business day turn around for first corrections. After first submittal, return time may decrease.
When can I request an inspection?
Requests for inspections must be received in the Office of Building and Safety before 7:00 am the day of the inspection. You may reach the inspeciton line 24 hours at 951.769.8520 x365.
I want to extend an electrical line. Is a permit required? How deep do I need to put it?
Yes, a building permit is required. Electrical lines should be in conduit and buried 18" deep below finished grade whether under a slab or under dirt.
When are the inspectors available in the office?
Building Inspectors are available Monday through Thursday from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm and from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm on Friday. Remember, City offices close at 12PM every Friday.
How much does a building permit cost?
The cost of building permits depends on the project. Call us for a permit cost estimate, 951-769-8520

Licensing Information

The information below is taken from the City of Beaumont, CA website

New State Law Beginning on January 1, 2013
On September 19, 2012, Governor Brown signed into law SB-1186, which adds a state fee of $1 on any applicant for a local business license,similar instrument, permit, or renewal thereof. The purpose is to increase disability access and compliance with construction-related accessibility requirements and to develop educational resources for businesses in order to facilitate compliance with federal and state disability laws, as specified.

Under federal and state law, compliance with disability access laws is a serious and significant responsibility that applies to all California building owners and tenants with buildings open to the public.

Legal Obligations
You may obtain information about your legal obligations and how to comply with disability access laws at the following agencies:

What you can expect from SB-1186 is an additional $1 to be charged on all new and renewing business license applications.

Renewals & Out-of-Town Business Licenses

Renewals or out-of-town business licenses for the City of Beaumont can be obtained from the counter or by downloading the application and returning it the the counter either in person or by mail.

New Business

All new businesses located in the City of Beaumont must call 951-769-8520 to receive the necessary instructions or come in to:

Civic and Community Center

550 E. Sixth St.

Beaumont, CA 92223

You may begin the process by downloading the new business application.

Home Based Business

All businesses based out of their home located within the city limits of Beaumont are required to obtain a Home Occupation business license. You may download the form here.

Additional Information

The detailed municipality information displayed on this page is not a property of America's Building Records (ABR). This information is complied for your convenience from the municipality's official website. For the most up-to-date information please visit their official website.