Municipality Location and General Contact Information

100 E Boynton Beach Blvd
Boynton Beach FL 33435
Building Department information for City of Boynton Beach, FL

Available Blueprints and Building Plans from America’s Building Records.
Use the map below to find and request drawings.

Want to make your building plans available here? Join ABR.

City of Boynton Beach, FL - Building Department Information

The following Building Department information is available for City of Boynton Beach, FL

Building and Related Codes and Amendments

Permit Information and Forms

last updated on 1.6.2020

Before You Start

Each project has its own requirements. Before you start working on your project, you may wish to call Building Permits office. City employees will explain the process you must follow, what documents you will need and whether your project will require plan review. Larger projects are subject to more complex regulations and will require a longer plan review process. The extent of review required will depend on the use, occupancy, type of structure, location and possibly other factors.

Building Permits Office Location and Hours
Phone: 561-742-6350

  • West Wing, City Hall, 100 E. Boynton Beach Blvd., Boynton Beach - First Floor
  • Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4 pm: Permit applications and re-submittals are accepted.
  • Monday - Friday, 4 am - 5 pm: Only inquiries and issuance of processed items will be handled.

Inspection requests must be received by 3:00pm in order to schedule an inspection for the following business day.

When You Apply

  • All permit applications must include two copies of submittal documents
  • Permit fee is paid at submittal

Plan Review Process

Corrections will not be accepted if there are any disciplines pending review. Partial corrections will not be accepted for plan review. All disapproved trade's comments must be addressed and submitted together when bringing in corrections.
The Building Division will require a copy of the executed contract for the work to be performed at the time of permit application. This requirement will help facilitate the calculation of the required fees per state statute 489.127(4)(c).
Projects that require major trades (building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and roofing) must have the sub-contractors signed on prior to any initial permits being issued.

Permit Fees

Commercial Permits and Applications

Building Forms, Applications, Documents

Planning and Zoning Applications and Forms

Residential Building Permits

We are here every step of the way to make the permitting process easy for you. Not sure if you need a permit? Find out.
I booked an inspection already. What time will my inspector arrive? Find out here.
Our Universal Permitting Form can be utilized for many home improvement projects.

Other Commonly Requested Permits:

Don't see what you need? Contact us or explore more permit and application forms.

This information is provided by the City of Boynton Beach FL website

Learn more about iDeal Construction CRM

Licensing Information

Renew Business Tax Receipt online

Business Tax is a unit of the Development Services Department and is responsible for regulating all businesses providing services or performing work within the City limits. All new businesses, including home based businesses, are required to obtain a business tax receipt before commencing work.

Verification of zoning, occupancy use and any environmental requirements associated with operating a business in Boynton will occur before a receipt is issued. All new business locations are inspected to ensure compliance with life/safety, building, environmental and zoning code requirements.

Please note that submittals and/or re-submittals will NOT be accepted after 4:00 p.m. due to the time required for processing and payment of fees. Only inquiries or pick up of previously processed items will be conducted between 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

FAQ - Your questions, answered.


The Business Tax team also verifies any state or local licensing which may be required. Depending on the nature of the business, some of the agency verifications which may be required are: Health Department, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Department of Business and Finance, Construction Industry Licensing Board, and Florida Department of State, to name a few.

Business tax receipts must be renewed annually by September 30*.

Are you renting your house, condo, townhouse, or a room?

Please note that any owner renting their property for a period of six months or less is subject to pay tourist development taxes, which is 5% of the gross rental charges collected. For more information, visit

Regular rentals also need a Business Tax Receipt.

Business Tax Exemptions

For information on Tax Exemptions, FL Statutes - Title XIV Chapter 205, Local Business Taxes, please click here.

Is a “Business Tax Receipt” the same as a “business license” or an “occupational license”?
Yes, in 2006, the Florida Legislature enacted a law officially changing the term “occupational license” to “business tax receipt” (BTR).

When do I need to obtain a Business Tax Receipt?
It is required when doing any of the following in the City:
• Opening a business
• Expanding a business into a new space
• Starting a home-based business
• Transferring a business to a new location
• Renting out residential property
• Operating a family day care or group home

Is my business allowed at the location I want to occupy?
Please contact the Planning & Zoning Office (561-742-6260) before entering into a lease agreement to confirm that the proposed use is allowed in your zoning area. You should also speak to the Building Division (561-742-6350) to determine whether there are Building Code requirements to satisfy before your business can occupy the space.

Does my business need an Employer Identification Number (EIN)?
All businesses (except sole proprietorships with no employees) must register with the Internal Revenue Service ( for a federal taxpayer identification number.

Do I need to register with “Sunbiz”?
If you plan to do business as a corporation, limited liability company (LLC) or partnership, you must first file with the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations (
If you plan to do business as a “DBA”, or under a name that is neither your full name, nor the name of your business entity, you must obtain a Fictitious Name Registration from the same office.

What is charged for a Business Tax Receipt?
An application fee and an annual business tax, which varies by the type of business you are engaged in are due at application submittal.

What happens after I submit the paperwork?
Your application is reviewed for compliance with the zoning code. After the zoning review:

Home-based businesses: The Business Tax Receipt is issued; inspections are not required unless the property is a rental unit, then a code compliance inspection is required.
Commercial businesses: You must schedule safety inspections of the business location by the Building and Fire inspectors.
How do I schedule inspections of the business location?
Contact Development Services (561-742-6350) at least two business days in advance to allow time for research of the property records.
How do I know when the inspectors will be at my business location?
You must contact the assigned inspectors. You can obtain the names of inspectors that have been assigned by calling Development Services (561-742-6350) on the morning of the inspection.
I passed both my inspections. How do I get my Business Tax Receipt?
After the inspectors submit their approved inspection results and all fees are paid, the Business Tax Receipt will be issued. You may pick up your BTR at the Business Tax office or have it mailed to you.
When do I get my Business Tax Receipt?
Home-based businesses: After payment of fees and zoning approval (no inspections)
Commercial businesses: After zoning approval, passed Building and Fire inspections, and payment of fees due.
What do I do with the Application for Palm Beach County Local Business Tax Receipt?
Take the form with the City’s zoning approval signature to the County Tax Collector office in order to receive their local business tax receipt.
I rent my property, do I need a BTR?
Yes, a Business Tax Receipt for Rental Property is required if the property is being rented at any time during the tax year.
What is charged for a Rental Property BTR?
The annual license fee is $3.68 multiplied by the total number of rooms with a $35.28 minimum.

Additional Information

The detailed municipality information displayed on this page is not a property of America's Building Records (ABR). This information is complied for your convenience from the municipality's official website. For the most up-to-date information please visit their official website.