Municipality Location and General Contact Information

125 E 8th Ave
Eugene OR 97401
Building Department information for City of Eugene, OR

Available Blueprints and Building Plans from America’s Building Records.
Use the map below to find and request drawings.

Want to make your building plans available here? Join ABR.

City of Eugene, OR - Building Department Information

The following Building Department information is available for City of Eugene, OR

Building and Related Codes and Amendments

The City of Eugene Building division provides plan review and inspection services for home improvement and construction projects. Our goal is to make sure structures in our community are safe and meet State Building Code and local code requirements. We hope this page will provide you with information to assist you in your construction project. Our staff is also available to assist you at the counter Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

As of March 1, 2017, all commercial and multi-family projects must be submitted electronically through eBuild.  If submitting your project through eBuild is a hardship for you, feel free to contact Kyle Richardson, Permit Review Manager, by  or at 541-682-5534.  Our goal is to work with you to make your project a success!

State of Oregon Codes and Standards

The division works to ensure the adopted codes and standards are accessible. Eight of the adopted specialty codes are available to read online. The remaining codes are comprised of multiple standards listed on the program pages.

Oregon codebooks online

Access amendments, errata, helpful tools, and additional information on the code program page.

Related codes and standards online


Permit Information and Forms

The issuance of a building permit ensures that appropriate plans have been reviewed and the resulting construction is inspected to satisfy local, State and Federal requirements to safeguard the public health, welfare and safety.  

Types of Permits and Plan Review

  • Specialty (Trade) Permits – Electrical, mechanical, and plumbing permits are typically issued online through eBuild (Trade permits) or you can visit the Permit & Information Center for an over-the-counter permit.    
  • Over-the-Counter Permits – Simple projects such as a commercial re-roof or enlargement of a window may be issued over the counter.
  • Express Permits - Some building permits can be applied for, reviewed, and issued the same day. Review our guidelines for the residential express program and commercial express program to determine if your project qualifies.
  • Standard Plan Review  – Most projects for new construction or building additions require submission of detailed plans to be reviewed by staff to verify compliance with codes.  As of March 1, 2017, commercial and multi-family projects must be submitted through eBuild.
  • Apply Online - Permits requiring plan review can also be submitted online through eBuild.   Commercial, multi-family, residential, erosion prevention, and signs can be submitted electronically.  For additional information regarding the eBuild application, refer to eBuild Help

Commercial Permit Applications

Alternative Methods & Materials Application
Appeal Form
Commercial Construction Permit Application
Deferred Submittal Procedures
Electrical Application
Erosion (Construction Site Management Plan) Application
Mechanical Application
Plumbing Application
Record Search Application
Restricted & Limited Energy Application
R-O-W Excavation & Revocable Permit Application
Sign Application
Supplemental Information 

Residential Permit Applications

Driveway & Sidewalk Permit Application
Electrical Permit Application
Erosion Permit Application
Mechanical Permit Application
Plumbing Permit Application
Residential Permit Application
Right-of-Way Excavation & Revocable Permit Application
Solar Permit Application
Tree Permit Application

Licensing Information

When a License is Needed

The City of Eugene does not issue a general business license to all businesses operating in Eugene. The business license office only regulates and requires licenses for the following business activities:

Certification Required
Public passenger vehicle drivers that who operate in the Eugene-Springfield metro area are required to be certified (e.g. taxi or shuttle drivers). 

Registration Required 

Use the links above to see the Eugene Code related to each activity. Licensing requirements and fees vary for each license, certification and registration. If you would like more information about any of these program areas, please contact us.

Commercial Solicitation
Certain businesses, such as commercial solicitation, are regulated by the Uniform Business Practices (Eugene Code 3.820-3.842). No license is needed, however there are other requirements.

Alcohol Consumption and Possession
The City of Eugene requires an exemption for alcohol consumption and possession in public places.  The Autzen Stadium area on the University of Oregon campus is exempt from this rule during home football games. This is the only exemption from the licensing requirement currently allowed by the city.  

Additional Information

The detailed municipality information displayed on this page is not a property of America's Building Records (ABR). This information is complied for your convenience from the municipality's official website. For the most up-to-date information please visit their official website.